19.4.12

Building the right foundation


Fed up with getting that mid-afternoon sheen and patchiness caused by seemingly every drugstore foundation, I decided that maybe it was time to part with a little extra cash to find the perfect base - which, for me, is one that gives medium to full coverage and stays put while not being heavy on the skin and clogging pores (Revlon Colourstay I'm looking at you). So, after doing some research on the foundations that I thought would most suit my skin, I got myself down to Debenhams in the White Rose in Leeds to get colour matched for some samples with Estée Lauder's Double Wear, Clarins' Ever Matte and Chanel's Perfection Lumiere.


Although I found Ever Matte to provide great coverage on application, unfortunately, on me, it didn't last. Perfection Lumiere, on the other hand, didn't give me the amount of coverage I like.

To be honest, I did have high hopes for the Double Wear; a couple of girls at work swear by it and, from reading the reviews on the Boots website, it looked like it would be a sure thing. And it seems the people don't lie! It literally stays put all day, from application first thing on a morning to getting home from work, with no patchiness and great coverage. It blends brilliantly with my Benefit Hoola and L'oreal blusher, too, and I hardly ever reach for powder any more. But, if I'm having a particularly "sheeny" day, a quick, light sweep of my No7 translucent powder on the T-zone is all I need. I have almost run out of my generous 10-day Double Wear sample but, come pay day, that full-price glass bottle will be mine! Although at around £26.50 it's (quite a lot!) more than what I'm used to paying for a foundation, I know my money will finally be put to good use.

Get on it girls!

NB Debenhams are currently offering Estée Lauder Double Wear at the reduced price of £23.85. Click here to grab it online now while stocks last.

Are you a Double Wear fan? xo

*Image sourced from Allure.com

1 comment: