9.11.10

Pride of Britain awards

Well, there wasn't a shortage of glamour at the Pride of Britain awards last night was there?

Two trends of the night – up do's and bold lips (and black dresses, but we're here to talk hair & make-up)

Doing it best for the lips were Girls Aloud beauties Cheryl Cole (seeming to have used Kimberley's lipstick she wore at the Cosmo awards last week), Nicola Roberts, Walsh herself proving she can sport pretty much any bold lip shade, and Sarah Harding – all varying different shades but all complementing their outfits and skin tone perfectly.









Other main contenders in the lip category included Amanda Holden and The Saturdays' Rochelle Wiseman and Vanessa White, although (and I know we're here to talk about hair & make-up), but their outfits weren't right cracking. My least favourite of the night in fact. Good job they know how to work their make-up!


Next – up do's... Now, I know I've already mentioned her as a lip contender, but Ms Holden looked so elegant last night with her up do and bold lip combo. Beautiful. I was also shocked to see Pixie Lott without her usual loose curls accompanying her. Refreshing, as I thought this look really suited her.


But my look of the night would have to go to Emma Bunton. I think she is looking fabulous at the moment and I love that's she's experimenting more with her style recently. I was originally going to crown Kimberley Walsh as style queen of the night, as that scarlet strapless waist cinching dress was a.ma.zing... but this is a hair and beauty site and unfortunately her tumbling waves were too predictable.


Who did you rate?



2 comments:

  1. It has to be Kimberley for me, the dress is stunning and matching lips just ties the whole look together. Did anyone else notice her dress looks wet at the bottom?

    x

    ReplyDelete